Friday, April 10, 2020

Piccadilly Essential Notebooks

I've been using these for a few years with small entries almost daily.  I miss quite a few days.





Tried to use the same pens as on the other post rather than using my original Piccadilly image in an earlier post.

I started using these soon after I first moved to FL and found them in Books-A-Million on special price quite often.  Over the past 15 years I have not seen these increase in price when on special.  They run about $7.00 almost every place I've found them, mostly in grocery stores.  Normally,not on special, they sell between $12 and $15 locally.  Generally the large only cost a dollar or two more than the medium, and many times the same price.

Believe it or not part 1 and part 2 are scanned to the same size as are the Jpeg Horizontal resolutions, but typical old Blogger they will not display properly. I'm getting closer to moving to Word Press.


Large is on the left, medium on the right.

I decided to measure these as the Piccadilly site only lists an approximate dimension.

I will measure typical page thickness of all journals.
Hopefully all the important points have been covered. I'm sure I missed something on this as well as my other journal review post.

I tried to compare the flatness of this one to the green book, but it'll take a video and more work. I may do a video after I do all the reviews.  This brand has consistently laid flatter than any similarly bound journals I have used, yes, even the over priced Moleskine.  The only side bound that lays flatter are the sewn and staple bound soft cover pocket journals such as a Field Notes, Cahiers, and these that were my go-to pocket notebook until I discovered the one I presently use that will be reviewed later.

These are quite comparable to Markings brand, but I don't know if I have any that are not fully used and packed. Wal-Mart and Staple's used to sell the Markings brand. There is no Staple's here, and our Wal-Marts don't carry Markings as they only sell the store brand which I found quite inferior to good journals.  I have one, if I did not throw it in the trash.

Stay home & stay safe.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy your notebook reviews. Measuring the page thickness is a nifty idea.

    Regarding blogger, I’m not sure how easy it would be to transfer 14 years of blog articles to Word Press. For column sizes I import the images from Flickr and adjust the height to proportionally match my template’s 650 pixel width. I edit the Blogger code as I write the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying these reviews. Keep them coming.

    I came up with some tricks for getting scans into blogger. I’ll try to compile some of them and send you a what I have settled on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thorough review Bill. I carry around an A6 100 leaf Cumberland notebook in my bag, it comes in handy for jotting down details and doubles as a drawing book for my grandchildren if they get bored when we are out for a meal, I have 'art' in there since they were able to use a pen 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace.
      Enjoy that art. You'll be able to look back on it when your grandchildren become famous artists.

      Delete
  4. I did not know about these. Personally I like blank (non-ruled) pages, so I'm glad to see on their website that they offer blank notebooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard,
      I meant to include a link to thier site, and I forgot. I'm glad you did some exploring.

      Delete