Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thankful Grateful


Typos in both parts left uncorrected.  I also loaded a new distro onto my computer and have not yet got the scanning properties where I want them so there are 2 parts of slightly different image sizes even though I scanned what I thought were same size scans horizontally.

I typed as much as I could in the garage before we left for Lansing.  Then I moved out into the fresh air.

The original typecast idea centered on being thankful for different experiences, people, things, and life in general.  Wow! how things have changed since November 2019.  I could not think of a good title. I decided on 2 words of appreciation.

Since there are many behind the scene people out there that are staying on the job because they want to stay and some because they need to stay I wanted to post a bit so all who read this post may also thank or be thankful and show their appreciation for those still on the front lines.

I know I did not mention everyone. I did not mention the military personnel who are still on active duty or those recently called to activate.  Those who are serving here in the U.S.A. and those deployed to other countries, yet not limited to the military of the U.S.A.; also including all those of other countries.

Our youngest is still flying helicopters in Afghanistan. Our hope is for him and his ground and air crew to be safe.  Presently we don't hear much about the mid-East or any other location.  Covid-l9 takes not only headlines, but all the news.

This is not the first disaster I've been through. It is the most wide-spread and serious of any during my life time. It is one time I am anxious to get back out on the ambulance and in other areas of response.  I miss living at the fire station or even at one of the radio stations where we were up and on the air or on assignment for several days straight until one of us could take a nap. 

At the same time I need to sit this one out.  I am glad to be home where Mrs. M and I can lead almost a fully normal life.  I'd hate to be out and bring into our house this silent and deadly enemy.  This one is much more serious than when I was at 3 Mile Island.

We read more than usual.  We watch more movies than usual.  I get to type more. By typing I hope I'm improving my writing.  I also hand write and hope I soon stop scribbling so I can at least do a pen cast and maybe some notebook / journal reviews.

Listen to the doctors and scientists and ignore most of what some politicians say.  After all this virus did not start on a schedule nor will it end on one, especially a man made one.

Stay home. Stay Safe.  Stop the spread.

7 comments:

  1. Wise words indeed Bill, if we all do the right thing we can get back to normal sooner rather than later.. although I wonder what 'normal' means these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all very well stated (and typed). Best wishes to you, Mrs. M, and all your family.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bill. Your thanks were heart warming and make It easier for me to to do my job. These are tough times and gives me peace to see people becoming more compassionate toward each other. Tip o' the hat to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you also Mike,
      I tried commenting on your blog, but I don't think either one worked.

      Delete
    2. I just learned this trick and it seems to work.

      https://support.google.com/blogger/thread/25048915?hl=en

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you and yours are safe so far - hoping it stays that way!

    ReplyDelete