Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Cold Hard Type in its Entirety





P.S.
SMIRK is the Six Meter International Radio Klub.  6 meters is a fun band to use when it is open.  Six and Ten are the bands I'm on the least so when the band is active I do miss some fun radio operation. 

The first year I was in Michigan we attended the Traverse City Type-In. It is a really nice Type-In put on by Landmark Books.  Depending on the weather we just may go since I can still do most of the Field Day week end Saturday night and Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. ooh, shortwave broadcasting a type-in sounds like a pretty cool idea. The type-in we did a few days ago I put a recorder in a part of the room where the mix would be mostly ambient murmur of voices and typewriter sounds. I'll have to figure out something creative to mix over the top of that and make a couple tape copies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get to the roof of the building where this is held I could get quite a long long wire antenna put up.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your retirement. You won't slow down, you'll just redirect your time and energy to activities you thoroughly enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes congrats on your retirement Bill, I agree with Mary above, I cannot imagine you slowing down at all.. in fact more time for more interests, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll continue to enjoy retirement, Bill. And have fun with the books!

    ReplyDelete