Saturday, July 3, 2021

Things Really Are Getting to Normal, Up, Up, and Away in my beautiful balloon...

 Blogger is at it again. I hope this works this time.

I should have said Scribed from by IBM Selectric-II Scribe element.







Getting ready for some typing in the park.


Post Script.  I should not have one typo with a correcting Selectric-II, if I read what I type as I type!  

Well as usual my digital imaging device left me down, but there is an advantage. If I'd have grabbed my 35mm or any of my film cameras I would not have been able to record the video. My OMD however does not use film so there is no, zip, none, nothing, footage.  There is about a one minute video file uploaded so hopefully my one video YouTube channel link works.

One of the things I hate is lithium batteries improperly designed into anything especially my portable radios and digital imaging equipment. I'll take NiCad batteries and keep them maintained over Lithium any day.  And for those who think there is no pollution with Lithium, search the huge hazardous waste lakes that are created in the mining and manufacturing of Lithium batteries.

After that rant, you've probably guessed; the battery died mid-video.  The batteries I use are new this year.  I don't leave without a fully charged battery in the body and one in my pocket.  However, I did not get the battery changed and the imaging device rebooted until the balloons were too far away.

After the balloons were gone I returned to the pavilion where we will be having our Type-Out and typed my OTP for today.  I generally get them in late and Daniel posts them the next day.  

For all those in the U.S.A., I bid you all a most wonderful Independence Day.


9 comments:

  1. Nice surprise! Sad about the battery-deprived digital - looking forward to your report on the Type-Out (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lithium batteries pack much more energy than others, and have a better charge - discharge cycle live, but too many companies fail to use a proper monitoring circuit to adequately alert to the end of charge. Lithium batteries don't fade but just quit yet a proper voltage monitor and alert avoids the unexpected end of charge fail. Also digital imaging device makers are too cheap to add an auxiliary power jack.

      Delete
  2. Happy type-out and happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great Fourth also Richard.

      Delete
  3. Nice update! There was no ABQ Balloon Fiesta in 2020, but hopefully there will be this year. Come on down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to plan to do so. Both Mrs. M and I love the balloons.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh what a treat Bill, an unexpected treat is always somehow better 😊 excellent photos and video. I'm hoping to get some shots of the air balloon competition in one of the country towns in a few weeks. Hope Mrs M enjoyed seeing the balloons also, an impressive sight indeed 🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did not feel up to going. We will try another time.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Bill, you finally got through, sorry blogger is being such a pain. Hope you are both keeping well ✨

    ReplyDelete