Monday, October 30, 2017

Hell-O-Ween



Remember the Clint Eastwood movie High Plains Drifter where he renames a town Hell?  That was a movie town, this one is in MI.


 Although the town is unincorporated, and it does not have a Post Office, it does get its own place on the map and a special postal stamp. 


Grace, I'm willing to bet there is no Hell mural in Perth.



Not many images.  That is because there is not very much in Hell.  Hell is a little village with 2 saloons and a gift shop, a small creek, and if you blink you may miss it.  Entering from the west there are no signs except a small green roadside sign.  Entering from the east you'll see the little demon mural and a few other Hell items.



So we had some food, fun, and a beer in Hell and it has been a bit of fun posting this bit of nonsense, but if you believe in the real eternal Hell that is a completely serious subject.  It is a place I do not want to spend eternity, and hope all who read my blog at least think about the real one.  At the same I hope you can have some fun about Hell, Michigan and Intercourse, PA and perhaps other small villages with funny names.

On another note I wonder how or why the Reformation was started on Halloween.  Happy 500.

3 comments:

  1. A perfect post for a "hellish" day. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!! I love it!!! I've not ever heard of it...I've heard of Intercourse PA...but not Hell!!! Hopefully your Halloween was not Hellish! All hallow's eve certainly has morphed into something other than the original concept....

    ReplyDelete