Fountain pen, typewriter collecting,
and maybe more.
How is it that they send items free shipping from China? Leila has ordered a bunch of stuff from there; my father and brother as well. Always free shipping! On a $2, $3, $5 item...I just don't see how this is feasible!The pen writes nicely. And those aren't scribbles...you should see my stories before I used a typewriter. Tenth beer of the night in one hand, carpal tunnel in the other...that is some scribbly writing right there!
I do not understand how the Chinese can ship for free either. I order from Amazon quite often because the Chinese sellers are selling the same item much cheaper than anywhere and they do not charge for shipping. If I were drinking beer rather than coffee I would have probably written a bit neater.
Minor thing, but the TWSBI Diamond 540 is actually from Taiwan--and has gotten rave reviews, with multiple posts comparing them to the likes of Lamy and Pelikan for a fraction of the price of those company's piston fillers.
There are quite a few people on the Fountain Pen Network that like the TWSBI pens also. I would still rather put my money toward a Lamy or save for a good Pelikan.
Nice pen, Bill. I'm looking at a Chinese-made white cased fountain pen on eBay at the moment. Eight bucks. How bad could it be? Check out an eBay seller named printhardcopy if you're after a Pelikan. Still cost you a few hundred bucks (depending on the model), but that's still a lot cheaper than what they sell for in stores. As for your handwriting, I think it's great!Oh, while I'm here, may I ask-How's the Skyriter? I'm considering maybe going for one.
I have not worked on the problematic Skyriter. I have this one that I used for the post and another one and both of these work fine. The elite one has the escapement problem.
That's a gorgeous pen, and unbelievably cheap. No one has an excuse to write with a ballpoint anymore!
I have not found a ball point or roller ball pen that writes as smoothly as a fountain pen. Since I use a fountain pen for 90% of my writing (pencil for most of the remaining 10%) I do not like any other kind of pen.
I like the color combination and am glad that it writes well. MEK and I both have TWSBI Diamond 540s and they are very nice pens. Mine is used for daily carry and taking notes in the office. Yes, they are expensive, but substantial with good balance and feel.I'll have to take another look at the cheap Chinese pens. We saw orange Delta pens ($350-550) at PenPlace in Kansas City over the weekend. Orange for $5 sounds pretty good.
I picked this one for the orange top and black barrel as well as the price. It was either $3.99 or $4.99 with free shipping. Those Delta pens are like many others I see that cost as much as a radio and keep me from buying them or I'd probably have a nice Duofold.
Hieno kynä ja hyvä käsialaTeuvo Finland