Monday, January 1, 2018

The Year is 2018 Already!



On the way to the hardware store last Saturday

The neighbor's trees yesterday.
Originally I was going to us my Hammond with some of the Hammond letterhead I have, but Mrs. M was still asleep when I did the typecast and the Hammond is in the bedroom closet amongst all kind of noisey things to move.

I chose the Oliver letterhead only to find the ribbon on my Oliver No. 9 has dried out.

Next best thing: one of my favorite typewriters -- my first Underwood office size machine the '47 SS. Like a Chevy SS this one could be called a Super Sport for as wonderfully it is to use.  I have 3 Underwood office machines in my collection and I'd put any one, or all 3, in a contest against any electric they are that much fun and easy to use.  (OOOOH, an idea for the next gathering of the Michigan Typewriter Insurgency)

Which brings be to yesterday's gathering in Montague, Michigan.  I decided to go when I saw the post on Welcome to the Typosphere, but since I did not get time to make an advance trip to spy on the establishment for handicap accessability I did not know if Mrs. M could go.  I decided to not go :(

Interestingly enough if I would have stayed in Holland it would have been a short trip.  Maybe in 2018.

P.S. Does anyone have any old Underwood letterhead that I could get a copy to make some copies from?

7 comments:

  1. You certainly had a busy year Bill with many upheavals, positive ones so that's good! Laughed at the getting rid of some of your typewriters only to acquire probably more than you let go.. how does that happen πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ I just realized yesterday that my Olympus camera had upgrades waiting to be downloaded, most of the lenses also. Can't wait to see if it makes any difference to my shots πŸ˜€ Here's wishing yourself and Mrs M all the very best for 2018 ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace,
      I'm not sure which model you have by mine are much faster with the new software. The phone ap is still terrible on the phone battery though.

      Delete
    2. Focus speed definitely faster since the updates Bill!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a winter wonderland! Down here we got just one inch recently. The place in Montague says they'll hold another type-in in the summer, which should be much more convenient, and I hope they are accessible. All the best for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Richard, and a Very Prosperous New Year to You and Your Family.

      We got lucky with the Type-In schedule here. The group wanted one before the snow. I think we beat the first decent snow by a week or so.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Bill! It was indeed a busy year for you and I'm glad that it ended on a positive note. Sounds like Michigan agrees with you a little more than Florida. Congrats on the big move and the new job, too!

    ReplyDelete