Monday, July 17, 2017

Typospherically speaking...I'm Back

PS
My plan was to pick up from where I left off after leaving Kalamazoo earlier this year, but with the hectic pace of everything I have not had time to get the images ready or even type the typecasts.  Moving this time was the biggest challenge I ever faced in moving.  We hit obstacles every step of the way.  It is the first time I moved so much stuff such a long distance myself I'm still working at the unpacking.

Oh, we hired a moving company, but that is another long post.  Somehow all the short moves right after college were nothing.  Back then all my things fit into the back of a pickup truck with room to spare.  Now my electronics would not all fit.  Add to that my photography gear and typewriters and I have more than a van could hold.  Worst part is I had to leave my Omega D2 behind with all the lenses, carriers, and both condesers :(   Good part; now I have a reason to get a full blown D5 system!

There is a lot more to post, including images, fountain pen friendly pocket notebooks, a report on our travels, a new digital image maker, some digital detox as well as digital overload, and even a type-in.

And, finally, for the Underwood Master Champion.  It is my Underwood Master with the Champion keyboard.  Like my ss it is a fantastic typer.  I'd put these 2 Underwoods up against any typewriter - manual or electric - for good feel, action, and accuracy of loading paper straight first time - every time. (even before the JJ Short platens were installed)

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back (not that you ever went away since you regularly leave a comment on mine and others blogs, which is appreciated).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back (not that you ever went away since you regularly leave a comment on mine and others blogs, which is appreciated).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind is still boggling at the thought of transporting 100 typewriters along with everything else!It really has been a hectic time for you both but sounds like you're there now and it can only get easier hopefully! I've learnt a few new words here Bill, 'typospherian' 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you, Bill. Sounds like things have been hectic. Hang in there, sir. And pour yourself a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Steve K, Thank you.
    @ Grace, You've gen me an idea for a post.
    @teeritz, Kalamazoo is great -- and there is an abundance of brew-pubs. I think I'll have a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blogging! I'm glad you survived the move (which I always find very stressful). Enjoy Kazoo!

    ReplyDelete