Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A Big Giant Storm is in the Works



Tonight I though I may do a short typecast rather than this plain post.  Not so.

Saturday was the 5th anniversary of my blog. Since I had not posted for way too long I thought I'd do something special with a pencast followed by a typecast.

With the approaching storm there is not enough time for hobbies.  Too much to get ready. This one is a big one.  I have been watching the NASA feeds from the ISS and this storm looks nearly as big a Katrina.

We are 10 miles inland so storm surge should not be an issue and we are also on the West side of the storm center (at the moment).  I do not expect too much in my area, but the beaches will get hammered.

So as I am getting the house, vehicles, and radios ready I hope to get back to posting in a few days. 

Not sure what I'm doing for the storm yet as help is needed for communications which I can do from home or deploy to a fire station or shelter as long as Mrs. M can stay there or I can stay home and enjoy the wind and rain --- and type.

7 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and your property.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the five years Bill and hopefully the big blow won't cause too much damage, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the five years Bill and hopefully the big blow won't cause too much damage, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the anniversary, good luck and batten down the typewriters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck riding the storm out - I hope things don't get so bad that your services are needed, but I am heartened that you are well-prepared. Congrats on 5 years, as stormy as the milestone might be (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally have the house secure. Looks like a fort prepared for a nuclear attack. Been through this quite often. Part of living in Florida. 120MPH wind on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you and yours—animate and inanimate—will come through this just fine. Might be a good opportunity for typing by candlelight!

    ReplyDelete