Wednesday, January 7, 2015

More Typewriters - Including another Hermes 3000


On my desk, but I forgot to take down the white background I used for the close-ups. The can with the wires on it behing my mug is one of the capacitors we make.

Tthis machine looked new except for a few scratches on the back.

The usual missing platen knobs.

The right knob from a first generation works fine.

The only ink is from me using the typewriter.  This is what the slugs looked like when I opened the cover!

I did a quick typecast after I took the photos.  It is a very good typer for a square body H3k.  I like the action of the round ones better, but this one is not as mushy as my other square ones.

Plenty of room to store the typewriter.


Christmas present to myself.  Works fine and looks great. SN 863309, 1955?

Top view of my Oliver no. 5. SN341590, 1912?


9 comments:

  1. Lovely Hermes typewriter, hope to find one in Pica with all its knobs intact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to transform a typwriter from a frog into a prince Bill :) was interesting to see your workspace also, you are very tidy.. you should see my desk, let 's just say ... it's a mess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see my desk at home. My workbench looks immaculate compared to my desk at home.

      Delete
  3. OK...maybe it is "obsession and hoarding" if you're finding typewriters you didn't even know you had. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels great when I can use a typewriter for a "legitimate" purpose at work.

    Glad to see that the Oliver arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess I "lost" a typewriter fairly early in my collecting career (a Remington Model 1) around 1995. I only found it again in 2011 when cleaning out a closet. I had totally forgotten that I owned it, and that was when I only had 3 or 4 lying around. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely typewriter, the Hermes...love the colour and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill--I am a little late but I wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year! It is always fun to find things in the garage that were forgotten. I recently found a Nikon N60 in my darkroom cabinet I had forgotten about. A lady I work with didn't want it and was going to throw it away, Sad we live in such a disposable society. I am on a mission to find my wife's old typewriter. I don't even know what it is but she said it is here somewhere. If I find it, I'll let you know!
    Have a great year,
    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Very Happy New Year to you too Aubrey. That camera is a great find. Unbelievable the things people want to toss in the trash. I hope you find the typewriter.

      Delete