Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Gets a Grip


What do you do when your compact camera comes without a grop?  You get a grip!  This grip makes the camera much nicer to handle and much less slippery

This is the grip before installation.

Comparison of my medium format camera to the Lumix: 3 pounds vs a few ounces


Hermes 3000.1 taken with the LF1.  Did my Classic 12 or this one start my obsession with typewriters?
Inspired Eye article that is the best review of all the reviews about the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1.

I use my Bronica more than I do my 35mm cameras for most of my shooting.  I chose it because it was handier to grab than any of my 35mm cameras.  Unless I go to an air show or event where I may want a long telelphoto lens I generally grab the Bronica before the 35mm cameras.  I don't shoot any of them nearly as often as I did when I lived in Virginia. 

7 comments:

  1. Nice Bronica, I have an ETRS. I also like the Lumix G cameras, but alas, the only Hermes I have is a Rocket, but it's a nice performer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grab the Bronica for most of our St. Augustine visits. I only wish I were extremely wealthy and could get a digital back for it. Getting difficult to find good color film & processors.

      Delete
  2. Fortunately all the cameras I've had have had a grip Bill, but hey who knew that you could buy a stick on grip.. that's the thing I like best about blogging around the world, you learn something new almost every day :) So when are you off to Switzerland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing definate yet on Switzerland. I hope spring when everything starts to bloom. I like snow so for me, anytime.

      When I searched Amazon for the grip I found Flipbac makes all kind of stick-on grips.

      Delete
  3. Hey! I love that Bronica. What a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 5mm x 40mm strip of rubber stuck to the front of my Canon G9 is indispensable so I can see your need for this. I'm just surprised they let a camera leave the mock-up stage without holding it or considering the ergonomics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Panasonic is not the only company that does this. The big surprise to me is that Leica designed their own body for the Panasonic LF1, and they too did not include a grip.

    The G9 is a workhorse of a small camera. Mrs. M has one. I should have done a comparison.

    ReplyDelete